I have decided to create Hobby Chemistry to share some of my work as a Chemistry Hobbyist. Here you can find every type of chemistry related topics, from simple demonstrations to advanced organic synthesis.
Who am I?
At the time of this post I am 19 years old and I’m from Portugal. I have been interested in science all my life. 6 years ago I started learning chemistry outside school and so decided to set up a Home Laboratory.
I just finished my first year studying Chemical Engineering and I’m looking forward for the second one.
Why did I create this “site/blog”?
I decided to create this site for three main reasons:
- To encourage other amateur scientists to have a Home Lab and do their own experiments/research;
- To teach other people interested in Chemistry;
- To spread my own work (which I am very proud and fond of 🙂 ) and get some feedback;
What can you find here?
This blog is divided in four main categories:
- Chemistry Experiments: here you can find posts about synthesis and other experiments that do not fit the “Demos” category. Many of them are about making or obtaining more reagents that may be of use for the Home Chemist;
- Demos: here you’ll find experiments with solely entertainment purposes. Many of them are well known and can be used to mount a spectacular show for an audience, for instance;
- Apparatus and Equipment: here you’ll find information on how to set up apparatus for experiments or how to improvise equipment used in a Laboratory;
- Miscellaneous: here you’ll find exactly what the category’s name suggests. Posts that do not fit the three categories mentioned above will go here.
I honestly hope to receive feedback from you. If you have any doubt or want to leave some feedback do not restrain from commenting on the post said doubt or feedback are about.
If you have any doubts or wish to discuss something, you may contact me through: firstname.lastname@example.org